Thursday, October 6, 2011

Magic Moment.

Hellooo~~
It's raining hard tonight. But it's okay. I like rain. :)



I delivered a report on my Mgt 101 class today. I was very nervous actually, though I didn't let it surface. When I am nervous, I most usually do weird things and after doing those weird things, feel uncomfortable. I had a hard time coping with the STRESS (funny, this is the topic of my report) and somehow was only able to manage it after asking some of my friends. :)


The first friend I asked was Kim. She told me the key to coping with this kind of anxiety is that you should not force yourself to be comfortable immediately. In the first few minutes of your delivery, you can try looking at the wall or you can try looking at a classmate who is smiling. Because they are smiling, it may boost your confidence, thereby giving you the chance to cope with your nervousness.


The second person I told this about was Wendam. :) Yea, I know that's her surname but that's just how I remember her. Hm. Maybe because I really like her surname. :) She cheered me on along with Princess. :) They are such good people. :D


After this, I went to the classroom and prepared the notebook I brought and tried to set up the projector. This is actually the first time I ever operated a projector by myself. xD If my mom were to see me like this, I know I'll be getting a good nagging. Hm. That's because I normally destroy things at home. Haha. And so, my family calls me, "The Destroyer". xD Seeee. Palpak. xDD The word EPIC is so normal when it comes to me. =)))


I dunno what to say. I'm just glad I was able to set up the projector successfully without damaging it. xD


I started delivering my report. At first, I was really sad because none of my group mates were there. But, I just let it pass and concentrated on how I should compose myself in front of my classmates. I felt nervous the whole time but I let it out by smiling. I wanted to be my usual self that's why I didn't try to hide the fact that I was really nervous. Good thing my topic was stress. They were able to see a STRESSED person right in front of them, in my presence. Hahaha.


After explaining the last slide, I was worried about how they would react. You know, I'm not the most confident person here on Earth. So what I did was I turned my back and tried acting as if I was keeping the projector cord. I felt very uncomfortable and it's weird because I'm supposed to feel relieved since the job's finished. My hands were trembling a bit and my hair was a mess because when I talk, I usually have this mannerism of touching my hair and every time I do it, I feel more comfortable. xD



The thing that actually made me feel relieved was when I heard my classmates' applause. I felt so fulfilled. I felt soooo happy! Happier than the times when I receive my monthly wage. Hahaha! I was so happy and I knew I was blushing. So I stood there for a little while. And with my back turned to them.. secretly smiled.




This was probably one of those "magic moments" I heard about. 







No comments:

Post a Comment